Tuesday 30 August 2016

Frostgrave Magazine Articles

For all of you Frostgrave completists out there, issue 6 of Table Top Gaming Magazine includes an exclusive Frostgrave scenario (written by yours truly) called 'The Failed Breed'. It is a two-player scenario, set down in the breeding pits and includes a new monster, the barbed-thrasher.

The last time I included a scenario in TTG Magazine the issue sold out very quickly (I'm not saying that was the reason, but I won't argue against it either...), so if you want one, it is probably best not to wait around. I think the magazine goes on sale in a couple of days. Alternatively, you can order a copy direct from their website.  Electronic editions are also available.

Also now available is issue 86 of Wargames: Soldiers and Strategy, which includes 'The Warriors of Athena', my little solo wargame of Greek Mythology which uses the Frostgrave core system.

It's just a coincidence that both of these articles are coming out at the same time as I wrote them months apart. I hope people enjoy them!

10 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea when the PDF for wargames soldiers and strategy guide will be made available?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for heads up, bagged both yesterday, love the Greek hero game, read through twice now, love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy of tabletop gaming just arrived and the scenario seems like a lot of fun! Hope to see more exclusive stuff for Forgotten Pacts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read my mind... I've been looking for a Ancient Greek skirmish game, and already love Frostgrave, perfect. Got a copy of the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the Warriors of Athena game variant have followed your Warband on lead adventure forum with their fist mission against the killer wolves,was wondering if you have any other of the Warriors lost tales in the vaults?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I didn't think anyone remembered that! In those days I was actually using the Lord of the Rings rules for them (still a great set). I think those are the only recorded adventure, but I intend to work on more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say that Warriors of Athena persuaded me to buy Frostgrave - with a daughter who's a huge fan of Greek mythology (thanks to Percy Jackson) - I'm busy assembling Greek and Roman themed bands (though the landscape won't be very frosty.) Any chance of additional scenarios for the Athena campaign? Would love to see a Hydra, and a horde of Skeleton Hoplites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, it worked! Really though, thanks Vengir, that's a pretty high compliment that you'd go and buy the book to play Warriors of Athena. There were certainly be additional material for the game. I'm not sure where it will appear yet, but keep your eye on this blog and I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem! I'll keep an eye out. As a follow up question, did you have any specific 'classical' troop types in mind to replace the current more 'medieval' types in standard Frostgrave? (Many of the Frostgrave types don't carry shields, which seemed to have been fairly standard issue in the Classical period.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at the moment. The large shields of the hoplites were really for use in close order formation. I suspect more 'adventure' types would have used something smaller, or gone with a completely different load out.

      Delete